Posts filed under 'This & That'
UPDATED: November 14thÂ
Good News!Â While I was in Publix the other day, the staff informed me that they have some Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers left over from last year.Â To make things even better, these shakers are on sale, 2 for $4.99.Â So, if you missed out last year, here’s your chance to pick up these cute shakers at a great price.Â
Good Luck and Happy Holidays!
I was in another Publix (in Pembroke Pines) andÂ noticed that they have some of the Snowfolks too, for the same deal of 2 for $4.99. (11/12)
Today atÂ theÂ Publix in West Miramar, they had some of the Lilgrims.Â They are also on sale.Â
November 9th, 2007
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
From Jack (O-Lantern) and Jill (Ladybug)
November 1st, 2007
My uncle past away a couple of weeks ago.Â During his memorial service, my aunt read a beautiful piece of literature, which I would like to share.
“I AM” VERY SPECIAL
“I Am” special…In all the world there is nobody exactly like me…
Since the beginning of time, there has never been another person exactly like me…nor will there ever be in the future…
No one has my smile, my eyes, or nose, my hair, my hands or my voice.Â Nobody has my handwriting…”I Am” special…No one can paint my brush strokes.Â Nobody has my special taste in food or music or drama or art.Â No one in the world sees things just exactly as I do…
In all of time, there has never been anyone who laughs exactly as I do or cries or thinks exactly as I do…And what makes me laugh or cry or think in precisely my way might elicit a totally different reaction from someone else…”I Am” special.Â “I Am” different from every other person who has ever Lived or will ever Live in the history or future of the Universe…
“I Am” the only one in the whole of creation who has my particular set of abilities…Now, there is always someone who is better than “I Am” at one thing or another because every human being is superior to every other person in at least one regard…But, “I Am” special…And “I Am” superior to each other person in at least one regard…
No one in the Universe can reach the quality of the combination of my talents, my abilities, my feelings, my heart, my head, my hands…Like a room full of musical instruments–some may excel alone–but none can match the symphonic sound made when all are played together…”I Am” a unique symphony…
Through all eternity, no one will ever look, walk, talk, think or act exactly like I do…”I Am” special…”I Am” rare…And in all of rarity, there is enormous value…Because of my great value, I need not imitate any other person…I will accept, verily, celebrate my differences because…”I Am” special.
And it is no accident that “I Am” special…I must realize that God has made me special for a specific Purpose…He has chosen a job for me to do that no one else can do as well as I can…out of the billions of applicants, only one is qualified…Only one has that unique right combination of what it takes…And “I Am” that one…
“I Am” special… “I Am” very special…
AND SO IS EVERY OTHER HUMAN BEING.
October 21st, 2007
My site is back up!Â Thank goodness!Â
The server my site was on crashed.Â The recovery took a lot of hard workÂ and lots of long hours.Â A big thank you goesÂ out to the guys who made sure my site fully recovered.
October 11th, 2007
A couple of weeks ago my mom e-mailed this joke to me.
Yesterday I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.
My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high, I’d gained some weight, and I didn’t feel so hot.
My doctor said eating right doesn’t have to be complicated and it would solve my physical problems.
He said just think in colors; fill your plate with bright colors: greens, yellows, reds, etc.
I went right home and ate an entire bowl of M&M’s and sure enough, I felt better immediately.
I never knew eating right could be so easy!!
This is what I call creative thinking or should I say creative dieting.
September 21st, 2007
Every school day I spend 10 – 15 minutes in the carpool lane, waiting to pick up my kids. Over the course of a week, we’re talking about an hour of waiting.
Instead of just watching the time go by, I try to take care of some things that may otherwise get overlooked or just further delayed.
Here is a list of things I do while waiting in the carpool lane.
- Make phone calls
- Read mail
- Clean garbage out of car
- Pay bills
- Listen to audiobook
- Clean out purse
- Eat lunch or snack
- Balance checkbook
- Read magazine or book
- Put loose change away
- Make list of things I need to do
- Fill out school forms or paperwork
- Think about what to make for dinner
- Make out grocery list
- Wipe down inside of car with Wet Ones or ArmorAll wipes
- Write out cards (party invitations/thank you notes)
Taking care of these little things helps me to stay a little more organized and to focus less on the wait.
September 15th, 2007
UPDATE: Please click here for Super Bowl XLIII sweepstakes.
UPDATED: Sunday, September 23rd
Super Bowl XLII is being hosted in Glendale, Arizona. Iâ€™ve gathered a list of contests/sweepstakes to win Super Bowl XLII tickets and in most cases a whole trip. Donâ€™t miss your chance to enter!
- Visa USA
Enter online at The Visa Inside Pass NFL Sweepstakes AND each time you use your Visa card from September 1 – December 15, 2007 (you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win).
- Three VIP trips for you and a guest to hang with an NFL player at the NFL Playoffs, Super Bowl XLII, and the 2008 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Each trip package includes airfare, deluxe hotel accommodations, tickets to the game, and a $500 NFL-themed Visa Gift card.
- Coors Light Silver Ticket
- A trip for winner and one (1) guest to Super Bowl XLII on February 3, 2008.
- Trip includes round-trip, coach air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport (located within the U.S. or the U.S. Virgin Islands) near winner’s home to Phoenix, Arizona, five nights’ lodging, and two (2) general-admission tickets to Super Bowl XLII on February 3, 2008.
- GMC Pro Grade Challenge
- Sixteen (16) Weekly Prize winners will each receive an NFL Prize package for two.
- The prize package includes a trip for two to Super Bowl XLII in Phoenix, Arizona, two upper level, prime sidelines Super Bowl XLII tickets, one double occupancy hotel room at a resort style hotel for five (5) nights from January 31, 2008 to February 4, 2008, NFL in-stadium hospitality that includes three (3) hours pre-game and two (2) hours post game party with food stations, live entertainment, exclusive security entrance to the stadium, two (2) NFL Experience tickets and two (2) Super Bowl XLII gift bags. Transportation to and from the airport in the winner’s hometown and to and from the airport in Phoenix will be provided, coach class air transportation from a major commercial airport near the winner’s residence to Phoenix, AZ, $550 American ExpressÂ® Gift Card which may be used for food and beverages on trip.
- GMC Ultimate Game Day Sweepstakes
- Between August 1 and November 12, 2007, is your chance to snag a gift certificate to the NFLâ€™s online store. Eight people will get $1500 to shop online and a chance to show off their new gear at this seasonâ€™s Super Bowl! One lucky grand prize winner will receive a trip for four to Super Bowl XLII, including airfare, hotel, four tickets to the game and 500 bucks cash to spend however you want!
- Diet Pepsi Call Your Play
- Buy Pepsi products and enter your code online for a chance to win a trip to Super Bowl XLII.
As I find more sweepstakes, I will add them to the list. So, bookmark this post and check back often.
UPDATE: Here are some more Super Bowl XLII Sweepstakes.
- Lay’s Super Bowl XLII Sweepstakes
- Grand Prize Winner receives a trip for two (2) to attend Super Bowl XLII, scheduled to take place on February 3, 2008, in Glendale, AZ (the “Prize”).
- The Prize consists of round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home to Phoenix, AZ (airport and carrier to be selected by Sponsor), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for four (4) nights, two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLII, two (2) tickets to the NFL Experience, two (2) tickets to the Diet Pepsi Consumer Party, ground transportation in Phoenix (only) (between airport, hotel, game and the Diet Pepsi Consumer Party), breakfast daily at hotel, two (2) diet Pepsi / Super Bowl XLII gift bags (consisting of Sponsor and Super Bowl XLII officially-licensed merchandise), and $250 spending money.
- Fedex First and Goal
- Grand Prize Month 4: A 4-day, 3-night trip for two to Glendale, Arizona, for the 2008 Super Bowl XLII on February 3, 2008.
- Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation from the major airport nearest to the winnerâ€™s residence, standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations, two tickets to Sponsor selected VIP parties, two tickets to the 2008 SuperBowl XLII, motor coach transfers to and from the Airport in Phoenix, and a FedEx Gift Bag.
- Bassett Furniture â€œElway Homeâ€ Sweepstakes
- There is (1) One Grand Prize of a trip for (2) two to the 2008 Big Game XLII in Glendale, AZ from February 1 through February 4, 2008.
- The Grand Prize Package includes airfare for (2) two to and from major airport nearest winnerâ€™s home to Phoenix, AZ, hotel accommodations for (1) one double occupancy room, (2) two tickets, a meet and greet with Hall of Fame Quarterback John Elway, and transportation to and from the airport and game.
- Shoprite Charmin Big Game Sweepstakes
- 2 Ways to Enter
- Via Wireless: Between August 17, 2007 and November 30, 2007, text message one of the participating message words: â€œCHARMINâ€, â€œSHOPRITEâ€ or â€œVOTEâ€ from your wireless phone to shortcode 64242. Limit one entry per wireless phone number.
- Via Mail-in: To enter by mail, send a 3â€ x 5â€ card with your name, address, cell, phone number and e-mail address (if any), and either the word â€œRedâ€ or â€œBlueâ€ in a no. 10 envelope to: â€œCharmin Big Gameâ€ PO Box 1181, Northbrook, IL 60062.
- (1) Grand Prize for a 4-day/3-night trip for two from February 3 – 6, 2008 to Phoenix, Arizona to attend the 2008 â€œBig Gameâ€, including round-trip coach air transportation, hotel accommodations (double occupancy), and two football game admission tickets.
- The Cadillac of Experiences Official Sweepstakes (on CBS)
- Week 5 (Oct 22 â€“ Oct 28): The Cadillac of Sports: A trip for Weekly Prize winner and guest to Phoenix, AZ; tickets to Super Bowl XLII.
- Prize consists of roundtrip coach airfare for Weekly Prize winner and guest from major airport closest to winnerâ€™s home to Phoenix, Arizona; Four (4) day/three (3) night hotel accommodations (based on Double Occupancy); Two (2) Tickets to Super Bowl XLII in 2008.
Good Luck! (Also, please remember every attempt is made to be accurate in listing these prizes, however you should read each sponsorâ€™s official rules for final information.)
September 9th, 2007