September 15th, 2007
Every school day I spend 10 – 15 minutes in the carpool lane, waiting to pick up my kids. Over the course of a week, we’re talking about an hour of waiting.
Instead of just watching the time go by, I try to take care of some things that may otherwise get overlooked or just further delayed.
Here is a list of things I do while waiting in the carpool lane.
- Make phone calls
- Read mail
- Clean garbage out of car
- Pay bills
- Listen to audiobook
- Clean out purse
- Eat lunch or snack
- Balance checkbook
- Read magazine or book
- Put loose change away
- Make list of things I need to do
- Fill out school forms or paperwork
- Think about what to make for dinner
- Make out grocery list
- Wipe down inside of car with Wet Ones or ArmorAll wipes
- Write out cards (party invitations/thank you notes)
Taking care of these little things helps me to stay a little more organized and to focus less on the wait.
Entry Filed under: This & That