October 24th, 2006
If you’re over the whole halloween thing and want something different to do, you’re in luck. The Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show and Art in the Park will be going on. Here are the details.
Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
It’s the worldâ€™s largest boat show featuring more than a billion dollars worth of boats, yachts, superyachts, electronics, engines and thousands of accessories. The show encompasses over 3 million square feet of space, both on land and in water, at six sites (all connected by the Show Transportation Network).
- The six locations are:
- Bahia Mar Yachting Center
- Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club
- Hyatt Pier 66 Hotel & Marina
- Hall of Fame Marina
- Las Olas Marina
- Dates & Hours:
- Thursday, October 26th (Preview) – 10:00 a.m. â€“ 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 27th – 10:00 a.m. â€“ 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 28th – 10:00 a.m. â€“ 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 29th – 10:00 a.m. â€“ 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 30th – 10:00 a.m. â€“ 6:00 p.m.
- Prime Time Preview (Thurs. 10/26) $30.00
Five-Day Pass $60.00
Children, ages 6-12 $5.00
Children under 6 Free
Art in the Park
A juried art show featuring appoximately 130 artists, specialty foods, snacks and beverages for purchase, live entertainment, and a separate KIDS KORNER with entertainment by & for kids, activities, and crafts. (For a schedule of kid’s entertainment, please click here.)
- Location: Liberty Tree Park
Corner of NW 5th St. & NW 74th Ave., Plantation
- Dates & Hours:
- Saturday, October 28th 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 29th 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Admission: Free
Personally, I think boats and art are always fun to look at. If you think along these lines, then one or both of these events might be for you.