October 17th, 2006
Broward County Library is the ninth largest library in the United States. As such, we can borrow the latest movies, music, and audiobooks. It’s so easy to do and it’s FREE!
Here is the process for checking out a movie.
- Have your Broward County Library Card.
- Go to www.broward.org/library/elibrary.htm.
- Click on the Latest Movies, Music, & Audiobooks button.
- Click here for New Movies. You can view the list of movies available by week. At the bottom of the page, the past 26 weeks are listed.
- When you find a movie you’d like to see, click on it.
- On the movie’s description page, click on Check Our Catalog.
- On the movie’s Full Record, click on the Place Hold(s) button, which is located on the left hand side, second button down.
- Now you should be on the Place Hold screen. Enter your Library Card Number, Last Name, and Last 4 digits of your phone number. Click on submit query.
- This takes you to the Branch Pickup screen. Click on the branch where you will pick up the movie and click the Place Hold button.
- The Hold Confirmation screen comes up letting you know:
- the title of the movie you placed on hold
- your number on the hold list
- how many holdable copies there are
- When the movie is available, the library will call you.
- You have 5 days (from the time they call you) to pick up the movie. The movie borrow time is 5 days.
The process is similar for audiobooks and a little more complicated for music cds.
Here’s to good movies and saving money!